Terms & Conditions
Part 1 of 2 Storage Customer Terms & Conditions
Please read the conditions carefully as by signing this Agreement or ticking acceptance on Mobistore’s website you will be bound by them.
• All payments are to be made in advance by you. (The Customer)
• All Fees include GST, except any Deposit.It is acknowledged, agreed and declared that the contract of carriage (pick-up or delivery of the storage box) evidenced in these terms and conditions is a contract for carriage at “Owners Risk” and Mobistore as carrier shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to any goods except where the loss or damage is intentionally caused by Mobistore.
• Goods are stored at your sole risk. You should inform your contents insurance provider that your items are stored in a third party storage facility, or purchase contents insurance cover from Mobistore.
• Mobistore is not liable for the loss of any goods stored in its storage boxes or on its premises.
• You must not store hazards dangerous, illegal, stolen, perishable, environmentally harmful or explosive goods.
• The Storage Box will only be accessible during the access hours arranged with Mobistore and after giving Access Notice.
• Pickup and Retrieval of Storage Boxes is to be scheduled with Mobistore. Storage fees are payable up to and including the day the storage box is return to Mobistore Premises empty. Mobistore will pickup or deliver the Storage Boxes as close as possible to the arranged date.
• The Customer must notify Mobistore in writing of all changes of address and contact telephone numbers
• If you fail to comply with the conditions of this agreement the Facility Owner will have certain rights which include forfeiture of your Deposit and the right to sell and/or dispose of your goods.
• Mobistore has the right to refuse access or refuse to deliver the Storage Box if all Fees are not paid promptly. Mobistore has the right to enter in certain circumstances outlined in these terms and conditions.
• You must not store goods with a combined weight exceeding 1,200kg’s per Storage Box.
Privacy/STORER CHECK CONSENT By applying for storage with this Facility I/we consent to the undertaking a search of my/our details against the Storer Check Pty Ltd database, and to my/our details and personal information being released to Storer Check Pty Ltd and any other party identified in the Personal Information Document pursuant to the Personal Information Document and the terms and conditions set out at www.storercheck.com.au.
The Customer and Mobistore agree that the Agreement is entirely contained within this document, the Privacy Information Document and the Mobistore website as updated from time to time.
• has the right to store Goods in the Storage Box allocated by Mobistore pursuant to the terms and conditions in this Agreement;
• is deemed to have knowledge of the Goods in the Storage Box;
• warrants that they are the owner of the Goods in the Storage Box and/or are entitled at law to deal with the Goods in accordance with all aspects of this Agreement;
• has inspected the Storage Box and Facility and is satisfied that the Storage Box and Facility are adequate for the intended use and suitable for storage of the Goods The Customer intends to store (including that it may not be fitted with any fire protection system).
• does not have, and will not be deemed to have, knowledge of the Goods;
• is not a bailee nor a warehouseman of the Goods and The Customer acknowledges that Mobistore does not take possession of the Goods.
• Will only allow access to persons with account authority.
The Customer is responsible to pay:
the Storage Fee being the amount indicated in this Agreement or the amount notified to The Customer in writing by Mobistore from time to time. The Storage Fee is payable in advance and it is The Customer’s responsibility to see that payment is made directly to Mobistore, on time, in full, throughout the period of storage. Mobistore does not normally bill for fees. Any Fees paid by direct deposit/direct credit will not be credited to The Customer’s account unless The Customer identifies the deposit clearly and as directed by Mobistore. Mobistore is indemnified from any claim for enforcement of the Agreement due to The Customer’s failure to identify a deposit, including the sale of Goods;
• Delivery Fee, payable by The Customer each time the Storage Box is delivered, or picked-up;
• an Access Fee, payable when The Customer accesses the Storage Box at the Facility on an unreasonably regular basis as determined by Mobistore;
• an additional delivery fee in the event Mobistore is unable to collect the Storage Box at the arranged time due to any act or omission of The Customer;
• a Cleaning fee, is payable at Mobistore’s discretion in the event of mess or residue left in the Storage Box;
• a No Show Fee, where The Customer gives Access Notice and does not attend at the Facility allotted time;
• a Late Payment Fee, which becomes payable each time a payment is late; and
• any Costs or Expenses incurred by Mobistore in collecting late or unpaid Storage Fees, maintaining the Goods, selling the Goods, or in enforcing this Agreement in any way, including but not limited to postal, telephone, debt collection, and/or the default action (including legal costs on client/solicitor basis) costs.
• any Parking Infringements, fines or damages if the box is parked on public property or roads instructed by The Customer.
• the minimum monthly charge if a booking is cancelled for any reason after the delivery has commenced.
• a $50 cancellation fee if less than 48hours cancellation notice is given.
The Customer acknowledges that:
• all time limits imposed on The Customer by the agreement must be complied with strictly;
• all goods in the Storage Box are subject to a general lien/ workman’s lien for all Storage Fees and any other amounts owing to the Owner by The Customer. In the event of the Storage Fee not being paid in full within the Re-entry Period, the Owner may enter the Storage Box, and take possession of any goods in the Storage Box and may, at the Owner’s sole discretion, do any one or more of the following:
• sell the goods by private arrangement or public auction to defray any unpaid Storage Fee, cleaning fee, late payment fee, or costs associated with collection of Fees and/or costs associated with disposal of the goods; and/or
• dispose of the goods in any other manner, whether for value or not, as the Owner sees fit.
• If any money is recovered from the sale or disposal of goods, that money shall be used as follows:
* first, to pay the costs of and associated with the sale or disposal of the goods;
* second, all Storage Fees and other fees owed to the Owner and any other costs incurred by the Owner in connection with re-entering the Storage Box and selling or disposing of the goods;
* third, any excess will be sent to The Customer.
• If The Customer has more than one Storage Box, any breach or default in regards to one Storage Box will authorize Mobistore to enforce default action with regards to all The Customer’s Storage Boxes, including but not limited to refusing The Customer access to the Storage Boxes and/or Facility.
• The Storage Box will not be delivered or access will not be permitted to The Customer unless all Fees, Costs and Expenses are paid in full.
4. Access and Decisions
• may only retain the Storage Box following Delivery for the defined Packing Period, as set out in this Agreement or as described on the Mobistore web site . A Late Return Fee will accrue for each 24 hours or part thereof that the Storage Box is not ready to be taken back to the Facility outside the Packing Period.
• Is responsible for securely packing the goods in the Storage Box and for ensuring the combined weight of the goods does not exceed 1,200kg’s per storage box.
• once the Storage Box is at the Facility, has the right to access to the Storage box during Access Hours arranged with Mobistore and after giving 2 working days Access Notice;
• will be solely responsible for the securing of the Storage Box and shall so secure the Storage Box at all times when The Customer is not in the Storage Box in a manner which is acceptable to Mobistore, and where applicable will secure the external gates or doors of the premises;
• Is responsible for the security of secret codes or passwords they have supplied.
• must not store any Goods that are hazardous, illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, perishable or that are a risk to the property of any person, and will be liable, and will indemnify Mobistore, for any resulting damage, loss or destruction (see clause 17 and 18);
• must not store items which are irreplaceable, such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, curios, works of art and items of personal sentimental value;
• will use the Storage Box solely for the purpose of storage and shall not carry on any business or other activity in the Storage Box;
• must not attach nails, screws etc to any part of the Storage Box and must maintain the Storage Box by ensuring it is clean and in a state of good repair and must not damage, alter or move the Storage Box without Mobistore’s consent; in the event of mess residue , spillage or damage to the Storage Box or Facility Mobistore will be entitled to charge a Cleaning Fee, and/or full reimbursement from The Customer to the value of the repairs required.
• cannot assign this Agreement;
• must give Notice to Mobistore in writing of the change of address of The Customer within 48 hours of any change;
• Mobistore may refuse access to the Storage Box by The Customer where moneys are owing by The Customer to Mobistore, whether or not a formal demand for payment of such moneys has been made.
• Mobistore reserves the right to refuse delivery to an address if it is deemed unsafe or unfit for delivery with Mobistore’s available delivery vehicles. The Customer can select to access their items at Mobistore’s storage facility or arrange an independent removalist to collect their items from Mobistore.
• Mobistore reserves the right to relocate The Customer to another Storage Box at Mobistore’s sole discretion without reference or explanation to The Customer under certain circumstances.
• No oral statements made by Mobistore or its employees shall form part of this Agreement, and no failure or delay by Mobistore to exercise its rights under this Agreement will operate to waiver those rights.
• The Customer must give Mobistore Access Notice as indicated on the front of the Agreement to gain Access to the Storage Box at the Facility. Failure to attend after giving Access Notice will attract a No Show fee as indicated on the front of the Agreement.
• The Customer must give Mobistore delivery Notice as indicated on the front of the Agreement. Mobistore need not comply with a request for delivery that gives less than the defined delivery Notice.
• It is the responsibility of The Customer to pack the Storage Box appropriately. Any damage, loss, deterioration or destruction caused to Goods during the movement of the Storage Box as a result of poor packing is entirely the liability of The Customer.
• It is acknowledged, agreed and declared that the contract of carriage (pick-up or delivery of the storage box) evidenced in these terms and conditions is a contract for carriage at “Owners Risk” and Mobistore as carrier shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to any goods except where the loss or damage is intentionally caused by Mobistore.
• The customer acknowledges that although all care and responsibility will be taken by Mobistore movers. Should the customer require additional insurances to cover them for any damage that arises out of the loading, unloading or transit of their items, premises or property they must make arrangements for transit insurance with their chosen insurer prior to the moving job commencing.
16. Subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which applies to consumer storers only and may modify the terms and conditions of this agreement, the Goods are stored at the sole risk and responsibility of The Customer who shall be responsible for any and all loss, theft, damage to, and deterioration of the Goods, and shall bear the risk of any and all damage caused by flood or fire or leakage or overflow of water, mildew, heat, spillage of material from any other Storage Box, removal or delivery of the Goods, pest or vermin or any other reason whatsoever including acts or omissions, negligent deliberate or otherwise, of Mobistore or persons under its control.
17. The Customer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified Mobistore from all claims for any loss of or damage to the property of, or personal injury to, Mobistore or third parties resulting from or incidental to the use of the Storage Box by The Customer, including the storage of Goods in the Storage Box or resulting from the Storage Boxes movement and/or location during or resulting from Delivery or delivery.
18. The Customer acknowledges and agrees to comply with all relevant laws, including Acts and Ordinances, Regulations, By-laws, and Orders, as are or may be applicable to the use of the Storage Box. This includes laws relating to the material which is stored, and the manner in which it is stored. The liability for any and all breach of such laws rests absolutely with The Customer and includes any and all costs resulting from such a breach.
19. In addition to any other remedies as may become available to it Mobistore may, if they have reason to believe that The Customer is not complying with all relevant laws, take any action Mobistore believes to be necessary, including the action outlined in clauses 21 & 23, contacting, cooperating with and/or submitting Goods to the relevant authorities, and/or immediately disposing of or removing the Goods at The Customer’s expense. The Customer agrees that Mobistore may take such action at any time even though Mobistore could have acted earlier
21. Subject to permitted reasons within these terms, The Customer consents to inspection and entry of the Storage Box by Mobistore provided that Mobistore gives 5 days written Notice.
22. In the event of an emergency, that is where property, the environment or human life is, in the opinion of Mobistore, threatened, Mobistore may enter the Storage Box using all necessary force without the written consent of The Customer, but Mobistore shall notify The Customer as soon as practicable. The Customer consents to such entry.
21. Notices will usually be given in writing and left at, or posted to, or emailed to the address of The Customer or Mobistore. In relation to the giving of Notices to Mobistore, Notices must actually be received to be valid. In the event of not being able to contact The Customer, Notice is deemed to have been given to The Customer by Mobistore if Mobistore has sent Notices to the last notified address of The Customer. In the event that there is more than one account authority, Notice to or by any single account authority is agreed to be sufficient for the purposes of any Notice requirement under this agreement
23. In the event of illegal or environmentally harmful activities on the part of The Customer, Mobistore may terminate the Agreement without Notice. Upon termination The Customer must remove all Goods in the Storage Box and leave the Storage Box in a clean condition and in a good state of repair to the satisfaction of Mobistore on the date specified. The Customer must pay any outstanding moneys and any expenses on default or other monies owed to Mobistore up to the date of termination. Any calculation of the outstanding fees will be by Mobistore and such calculation will be final. If Mobistore enters the Storage Box for any reason and there are no Goods stored therein, Mobistore may terminate the Agreement without giving prior Notice, but Mobistore will send Notice to The Customer in writing within 7 days.
24. The Customer liability for outstanding monies, property damage, personal injury, environmental damage and legal responsibility under this Agreement continues to run beyond the termination of this Agreement.
25. Goods left in the Storage Box at the end of the Storage Period will result in either The Customer being liable for storage fees until such items are removed or will be deemed abandoned and will be destroyed or disposed of within 48 hours of the Storage Box being vacated. The Customer may be charged a Cleaning Fee for this service.
Part 2 of 2 Moving Customer Terms & Conditions
Please read the conditions carefully as by signing this Agreement or ticking acceptance on Mobistore’s website you will be bound by them.
Mobistore accepts goods for carriage only upon these terms and conditions:
1. For all house/office moves and furniture relocation and general freight movement, where prices are quoted based on information provided by the customer, Mobistore reserves the right to modify prices as a result of incorrect volume, dimension and/or weight or access conditions e.g. stairs or balcony varying to those quoted by the customer at the time of booking. Additional charges may also be incurred for redirection, multi route, additional labour not requested, storage etc. Extra charges will apply for each item for any extra heavy, over sized or special items such as spa pool, piano, pool tables or any commercial items etc as determined by Mobistore. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform prior to the move any items of such or similar nature.
2. If Mobistore notices that goods are not safe to transport or insufficiently packaged and may cause potential damage to either the item being moved or other items, including the vehicle, the company reserve the right to reject acceptance of the items.
2.3 Mobistore withholds the right to delay the customer’s job by 2 hours due to any unforeseen circumstances without waiving any charges. Should the service is delayed more than two hours the customer will be informed and will then come to a mutual decision at the Mobistore’s discretion.
2.4 The Customer will not give to the Mobistore movers for packing, removal or storage:
• any article or substance which is, or is likely to be, of a dangerous, corrosive, inflammable, explosive or damaging nature, or anything likely to encourage vermin, bora, or any other pest.
• Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
• Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs/medicines, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
• The customers will empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. Mobistore are not responsible for the contents.
• Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
2.5 The Customer will notify Mobistore if there is not suitable and convenient access to the place from which the goods are to be removed or delivered too. Mobistore reserves the right to charge additional fees due to any access restrictions and will not be liable for any goods damaged through the lack of such access. Its customer’s responsibility to provide good, safe and secure parking/access/driveway/pathway etc. to the property for truck and movers.
2.6 Obtain at the customers own expense, all documents, permits, and licences necessary for the removal to be completed.
2.7 It is acknowledged agreed and declared that the contract of carriage evidenced in these terms and conditions is a contract for carriage at “Owners Risk” and Mobistore as carrier shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to any goods except where the loss or damage is intentionally caused by the company. Included but not limited to;
• Any of the Goods include glass or other fragile items;
• Any of the Goods include bullion, cash, car parts, coins, negotiable instruments, precious stones, jewellery, antiques, paintings, flowers or other valuables;
• Any of the Goods have insufficient packaging (as determined by the Carrier)
2.8 Other Liabilities & Limitations
• Whilst our team of movers provides highest care and attention to your house and property when carrying out your move, there remains the risk of marking/scuffs to door frames, internal walls and stairwells especially when handling large furniture and white ware items. Whilst the risk is low, all work carried at either loading or unloading site will be carried out at “Owners Risk”.
• Particularly note that damage caused by vehicles to lawns, driveways, footpaths, underground pipes, cables, sewerage and other underground installations is at “Owners Risk”. Should Mobistore movers be instructed by the property occupier, or any person acting on their behalf to drive, park or manoeuvre vehicles in or near an area where such damage is likely to occur, compliance with such instructions will not in any way involve the Mobistore or its insurers in responsibility for any subsequent damage which may be sustained. Such responsibility will rest solely in the hands of the Owner.
2.9 The customer acknowledges that although all care and responsibility will be taken by Mobistore movers. Should the customer require additional insurances to cover them for any damage that arises out of the loading, unloading or transit of their items, premises or property they must make arrangements for transit insurance with their chosen insurer prior to the moving job commencing.
• All residential and non-credit account moves are required to pay the vehicle charge and first two hours labour charge, “Deposit” to secure their booking prior to the move. Mobistore will invoice (email/SMS) the customer who can pay via online bank transfer or credit card. Credit card handling fees may apply. Invoices sent for additional hours on job completion are required to be paid within 7 days of receiving the invoice.
• All Credit Card payments (Visa and MasterCard) will be charged a 3% fee to cover Mobile EFTPOS terminal fees and transaction fees.
• Mobistore reserve the right to ask for the payment before unloading the last item/items.
• If the full payment is not made when required then a late fees of $50.00 + GST applies after every 24 hours.
• All defaulting accounts will be forwarded to third party debt collectors at defaulter’s expense.
• Misconduct and unacceptable behaviour with any staff member(s) may result in customer’s booking being terminated at Mobistore’s discretion.
• Cancellation: Cancellations within 48 hours will result in the “Deposit” payment being lost. If the customer reschedules the job within 48 hours of the job commencing, then a $50 date change fee will apply.